Wednesday, November 19, 2014

fingerless gloves from old socks.


The annual "break out the knee socks"
 weather has arrived!
And so once I again I go through my sock basket and
see whats too worn to wear.


I had a few pairs on the verge of becoming hole-y
I loved the patterns from these
So instead of just tossing them I decided to make some fingerless gloves!
re-use, re-cycle
win win!



This time I did a little different then in the past. 
I cut the top (or toe) part straight off
then I cut the heel part out. 
you can see in the pic above

 I ran some embroidery thread up the middle section. 
And then hand stitched the edges of the top
and thumb hole myself
making sure to stretch out the fabric as you go.
(otherwise your fingers may have a hard time fitting through)


 tada!!
Fingerless gloves!
Great for keeping the arms and hands warm
and still giving you access to all your fingers
You can even layer them over shorter fingered gloves for added warmth 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment